Sunday, May 22, 2011

Welcome to the wonderful world of internet blogging...

So, here it is. My first foray into the world of internet blogging. And as a perfect example of my personality, I just spent ten minutes googling the word "foray" in order to decide whether I had spelled it correctly as well as if I am using it correctly. This surely will be the downfall of my blog. But no need to end my project before it has even begun, no self fulfilling prophecies for me.

If in fact anyone is reading this blog, you may hazard to wonder why I am undertaking such a task. What exactly is my purpose in recording my thoughts, opinions, and yes, musings, to the world at large? Quite simply, I love to write, and I believe I have a voice that needs to be heard. Not only do I believe in the power of words, but the thought put behind such words and how they can be lead to real change in the world at large. True, this is just one blog being written by a Montana girl, what difference can I make? And I reply, "A heck of a lot!"

This blog will probably be more for my sanity than anything else. I am constantly writing in my head. Writing songs, thinking up Facebook statuses, memoirs and autobiography segments. You name it, I've probably had a draft of it floating around in my head. It is a blessing, but many times it is also a curse. With all this "writing" and no outlet, my brain goes into overload trying to remember everything and still remembering to tie my shoes and use my blinker like a reasonable driver. And when I think too much, I just end up obsessing and driving myself crazy. So here it is. My outlet. The place to lay (or is it lie?) it all out.

I'm not asking for anyone to like it, or for anyone to even care. But if you do like it, let me know. I love feedback from people, what I'm doing right, and what I can improve on. Enough formalities though, it's time to write a real first blog entry, besides this hasty introduction. Cheers, let's see where this goes.

With much love, Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment